Thursday, May 02, 2013

Esquivel and his lawyers didn't answer the question.

I'm trying to find out if APS School Board President Marty Esquivel enjoys any oversight in his spending of  tax dollars on his own legal defense.  He doesn't appear to be following the applicable rules, link; rules that appear to apply to everyone else but Esquivel.  There is the appearance of a conflict of interests.

I would like to know if he and the other defendants in the complaints I've filed, enjoy any oversight at all, in the spending of tax dollars in their own defense.

When I asked the board and APS' Director of Communications Rigo Chavez a couple of basic questions, link, those legitimate questions became the subject of letter from Esquivel, by and through his lawyers who are making God only knows how much money litigating against the public interests, to me and mine.  The gist of the letter was; because I am suing public servants, I am no longer entitled to their public service.  I continue to help pay the salaries of information officers and I cannot ask them for anymore information.  Really?!

My questions, they say, will be handled promptly and appropriately through the "formal discovery process".  Trust me; there is nothing "prompt" about the "formal discovery process".

In any case, they didn't answer the question;
do Marty Esquivel and the rest of the defendants in my complaints, enjoy any oversight over their unbridled spending in their own defense?

The dollars they're burning, are "operational funds"; funds which if they weren't being spent litigating exception from the law, would be spent in classrooms and on students.  Are they entitled to a "cost is no object" defense no matter how guilty they are?
 
The appearance of a conflict of interests could not be more obvious.

The appropriate response to the appearance of a conflict of interests, according to any standards of conduct higher than the law, is to acknowledge and defend it; candidly, forthrightly and honestly.  That according to the standards of conduct that Esquivel establishes and enforces upon students, but not on himself.

I can't get APS to tell the truth about the oversight over spending of public power and resources.

Maybe the establishment media could, but they won't. I have asked the Journal, I've asked KRQE, KOAT and KOB to ask the question and they won't.

They. following the example set for them by the leadership of the APS have not offered to defend, deny, or even acknowledge the basis for their relentless refusal to ask a legitimate question about the public interests.

They offer no explanation other than my surmise; the leadership of the APS and the establishment media are in cahoots.




photo Mark Bralley

No comments: