Monday, May 12, 2014

Open letter to Ass City Attorney Wheeler

As I reported, link, Ass City Attorney Greg Wheeler sent me a letter to inform me that I would neither be considered for "press credentials" nor can I expect any opportunity to participate meaningfully in a mayoral press conference, ever.

I have responded;


Mr. Wheeler,

I am of course in receipt of this letter and your attached letter.
I write in response to your insistence in that letter, that all further communications take place through you.

I have some records requests. If if was not your intention to field those as well, please forward my request to the appropriate custodian of public records as you are required by law, who can then forward them back to you.

Request for public records
Charles MacQuigg
268-3845

1. This is a request for all public records related to the process for credentialing the press; determining who is and who is not invited to participate in press conferences.

I am receipt of a response from "the city" indicating that there are no such records. To that extent this request is duplicative, it is only because "no records" smells like "arbitrary". As an expert in First Amendment law, surely you recognize the implications.

2. This is a request as well, for all public records considered by the city in forming assumptions and conclusions regarding what I may or may not intend to do at press conferences.

grateful for your time and attention

macq



photo Mark Bralley

No comments: