Saturday, December 02, 2006

Your cost.

The principle is that public servants are accountable to the public; and accountable to a meaningful standard of conduct.

I can think of no other way to demonstrate support for the principle; except to stand up in its defense.

It is my conviction that, if enough people stand up for the principle, APS Leaders will find them selves honestly accountable to a meaningful standard of conduct; even against their will.

Before they ask us next February, for a hundred million more tax dollars.

If, as stewards of the public trust and treasure, they are still unwilling to be held accountable; there is a good chance that voters won’t trust them with any more of their hard earned money.

Which will not be good for the kids. Or the community.

The Leadership could find itself accountable as soon as the next board meeting; Wednesday December 6th.

If enough people show up.

The cost of their accountability is that you have to show up.

If you can’t be there, find someone to take your place. It’s all about the number of people who will actually walk their talk.

You are standing up only for the principle.

I am running for a seat on the board. I will ask for personal support only once; election day, February 6th, 2007.

I will neither solicit, nor will I accept, nor will I represent that any demonstration of support for the principle, is support for me according to any interpretation.

If you have ill will for me, and that ill will is based on rumors; I would ask that you consider a very few points. I represent that I am the victim of deliberate efforts to destroy my reputation and my credibility. That possibility is entirely consistent with an impartial audit of the Albuquerque Public Schools which revealed that “…fear of retribution and/or retaliation is part of the CULTURE…” (emphasis added)

There is no evidence that as the steward of the trust of students, their parents, and the community; that as a teacher, I have ever done anything for which I need to be ashamed. It has been my relentless demand, from the very first, that all evidence be made immediately public. It has been the equally relentless effort of APS Leadership to prevent that outcome. Polygraph testing has always been on the table; my table anyway.

I will stand on the evidence. All of it.

Beyond that I would ask you to imagine that everything that you have heard about me is true. Even though it isn’t. This is about the message. It is not about the messenger.

This is about how many people will go to the board meeting and stand up to hear an answer to the following question.

As role models, as stewards of the public trust and treasure, and as public servants; are you willing to hold yourself honestly accountable to a meaningful standard of conduct?

No comments: