Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Gauntlet thrown down before APS School Board


I believe, because I have delivered an email to an appropriate email address for the board and asked that it be distributed to every school board member, and because I have the utmost faith in my contact for the board, that I have thrown a gauntlet down before each and every member of the Albuquerque Public Schools Board of Education.(update - received notice this morning that the email had been forwarded)

Good morning Ms. Yager, 

I am wondering if you would be kind enough to forward this note to each individual school board member. I would be most grateful.

Dear School Board Member,
I write to you this morning fact check your individual positions on a particular issue.
I am reporting, http://ched-macquigg.blogspot.com/2009/04/coward-david-percy.html and others,

that David Peercy is blocking an open and honest public discussion of both the 1994 Resolution school board resolution (which created higher standards of conduct for students and promised that those students would have adult role models) and of reinstating the role modeling clause to your own standards of conduct.

I am prepared to report that there is apparently not one single board member who is willing to stand up to Peercy and express their open willingness to discuss these issues in an open and honest public meeting, and in particular a meeting with a public forum.

If you have a contradictory position I would like very much to report it. I am happy to faithfully report any response either way.

Are you willing to discuss these issues openly and honestly?

As the fundamental issue is role modeling; an overt response seems necessary. Student standards of conduct (according to school board policy via the Student Handbook) require candor, forthrightness and honesty in response to a legitimate question.

My editorial position is that any answer except yes, means no.

I am most grateful for your time and attention.

On my honor, I will dutifully report any response from any school board member.

With respect to their own honest accountability to meaningful standards of conduct and competence within their public service, and
With respect to “ethics, standards and accountability” in general in the leadership of the APS;
if the leadership of the APS; the school board, the superintendent and all their lawyers, had anything at all to be proud of, they would flaunt it.

That they will not because they cannot is outrageous.

So where is the outrage?

No comments: