Monday, June 17, 2013

Who is the "press"? Sez who?

“Man is free at the instant he wants to be.”

according to Voltaire wikilink.

And by logical extension;

Wo/man is the press, at the instant s/he wants to be.

According to the First Amendment to the Constitution;
the government, at every level,
shall make no law ... abridging ... the freedom of the press.

A law that requires man to "prove" they are the press,
and in especially that, they be required to prove it to some
bureaucrat indulging a whim, and who is herself, utterly
unaccountable to the people, or to the Constitution,
manifestly abridges man's freedom to be the press.

Is the onus really upon me to prove to APS Executive Director of Communications Monica Armenta, that I am entitled to the protection provided by the First Amendment?

Or should she, the government, have to prove by some due process that I am not?

It seems pretty clear to me.

I trust it will be equally clear to a jury of her peers.

I can  hardly wait.




photo Mark Bralley

No comments: