Sunday, July 14, 2013

Journal reporter Hailey Heinz, whose side is she on?

Hailey Heinz is only the latest of Journal reporters who don't investigate and report upon credible evidence of an ethics and accountability scandal in the leadership of the APS.

Hailey Heinz prying the truth out of Brad Winter and Board Member David Peercy



I've made a real effort to not hold Journal education reporters personally accountable for the Journal's relentless refusal to tell stakeholders the truth about administrative and executive incompetence and corruption.  Reporters don't decide which stories to cover and they don't write headlines.

I hold Journal editors, maybe even Tommy Lang himself, accountable.
In particular, I hold Managing Editor Kent Walz and City Editor Charlie Moore responsible for the Journal's decision to aid and abet the cover up.

Not that left to her own devices Heinz reports impartially.  Her coverage of the complaints I filed against Esquivel, Brooks, Armenta, Tellez, and Chavez, link, borders on journalistic malpractice.  Well actually, it was journalistic malpractice.

In any event, I was sifting through APS production of emails and found an email from APS Executive Director of Communications Monica Armenta to APS Supt Winston Brooks.
From: Armenta, Monica
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:48 AM
To: Brooks, Winston
Subject: FW: slander and iibei

Morning,

Just wanted you to see MccQuigg is on the warpath again. I just talked to Dave Robbins. He asked for my advice and I told him the only real option for me personally is to ignore MacQuigg.

I won't log on to MacQuigg's blog, but Hailey says a couple of days ago he was complaining in his blog that since you and Marty met with the governor her office has refused to listen to his "concerns" or investigate complaints about APS. (underline added)

On another note, I talked with Chris Ramirez today who says Scott Darnell has been calling him to ask for insight into KOAT TV 7. According to Chris the governors office is not having problems dealing with Action 7 News.

M
Why is Hailey Heinz reporting to Monica Armenta about what I write in my blog?  If she is following up on leads, legitimate leads, then why is there never a report?  Why did she completely mis-characterize what I wrote, link?

I never even suggested that Governor is ignoring constituent emails due to the influence of Defendant Marty Esquivel or APS Supt Winston Brooks.  I wrote pretty clearly I think, that inconvenient constituent concerns are routinely ignored by Martinez, period.

It was simultaneous nature of the end of the Governors legitimate criticism of APS and a visit from the two most powerful people in the APS which was the target of my post.

One might argue, Heinz is just following up on my credible allegations of an ethics and accountability scandal in the leadership of the APS.   I would ask, then where is her report?  Where has she written about what she uncovered?

Either way, standards and accountability is APS is newsworthy.  Either there is honest accountability to meaningful standards of conduct and competence, which would comfort taxpayers and other interest holders,  or there is not.

Why do you think they don't just point to their standards and accountability, except that they will be found wanting?

So whose side is the Journal on;
  1. the folks who want to hide the ethics and accountability scandal in the leadership of the APS, or
  2. the interest holders who have a right to know about the incompetence and corruption that accompany the wielding of their power, and the spending of their resources.
It's a fair question whose answer I think, is self-evident.




Heinz photo Mark Bralley
Walz photo ched macquigg

No comments: