Tuesday, April 28, 2009

So, I've had a little dust up with the President of the Character Counts! Leadership Council

I had contacted him through the Character Counts! website
link that had been furnished me by the NMPED. link

It was the second time that I have communicated with him;
the first was a phone call to a number given me by the APS.

In the first phone call, I asked him to stand up in support of
the APS Student Standards of Conduct; the Pillars of
Character
Counts!.

In between the phone call and the email, Sgt. Joseph Gonzales,
did some "research" on me. He reports that members of the
Leadership Council feel as though I am "harassing" them, by
insisting that they step up as leadership of Character Counts!.

He allowed me no opportunity to rebut any of the claims made
about or against me.

He says that having the leadership of the APS step up as
role models of the Pillars of Character Counts! is my agenda.
And further, that the Council will not be pushing my agenda.

As far as I know, he has never attended a board meeting.

He claims not to know whether my claims are legitimate.

I claim the leadership of the APS will not stand up as role
models of the Student Standards of Conduct.

They will not. Case closed.



There are more than a few people who are in positions of
leadership in Character Counts!, who have no idea what
the Pillars of Character Counts! actually require. link

Sgt. Joseph Gonzales for example, apparently has no idea
that the Pillars of Character Counts! require students to;
stand up for what they believe in
even if they are standing alone. link
If he understood that, he would understand that standing up
at board meetings, while my agenda, is not my agenda.

And it is, in fact, his responsibility as well.


In reply to his email, I denied allegations that I had harassed
anyone in the Character Counts! Leadership Council.link

The Council membership is still secret. What kind of
leadership group, in this context, has a secret membership?

And then I burned any bridge there may have been
between me and Character Counts! New Mexico,
and its "Leadership" Council.

And I feel cleaner for it.

No comments: