Friday, February 02, 2007

When Phill Casaus endorsed Marty Esquivel;

did he tell us the truth?

Do he and Esquivel have an undisclosed personal relationship? Is there a reason Phill's paper has given Marty's campaign extraordinarily good coverage on two occasions; while the other candidates' campaigns have yet to see the light of day?

Both Casaus and Esquivel knew that their relationship should have been disclosed before Casaus endorsed him.

yet it was not disclosed at all.

This throws a shadow of doubt on every endorsement the trib editors hav ever made, and upon every endorsement that they will ever make.

I cc'd this post to Casaus and Esquivel

Causus's response was

Mr. MacQuigg
As a matter of fact, I recused myself in our editorial board vote on District 4. In fact, your presentation was the only one I attended of the many candidates in the race. The reason: I just wanted to hear what you had to say about the race and the issues
-- which,I've got to believe, is the point of the whole thing.
You also managed to misidentify me in a previous posting.
My name is Phill,not Paul. Paul would be my brother.
Thanks you.
Phill Casaus



"...the point of the whole thing."

I had told him and two other editors; was that the leadership of the aps is corrupt and incompetent; that they would fail an administrative accountability audit; miserably.

I told them that there was a cover up of an ethics and accountability scandal in the aps. And that their paper is part of the coverup.

Which is pretty much proved by Casaus' response to this post, but not to the post where I asked him to take a stand publicly, on the record about the interests of the public and about whether they would or would not be served by an aps administrative accountability audit.

He should take a stand as well; on the right of voters to know the truth before the election; and upon his obligation as a journalist to see that they get it.

He chose not address the issues of disparate coverage, or the fact the others candidates are being denied any meaningful exposure at all.

it is worth noting:

It is proved that Phill Casaus heard the question and did not answer it.

Are the public interests served by an administrative accountability audit?


And if the public interests are served, are you not obligated to inform them that they have the right and the opportunity to hold aps leadership accountable at the polls?



I regret my error in your name. It was an honest mistake and totally inadvertent;

I apologize, sir.

No comments: