Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Arrested by APS Deputy Chief

This is Steve Gallegos; he's the Deputy Chief of APS' Police force. He arrested me this morning for no reason except to harass me.  By arrest I mean he used his authority as a police officer to deprive me of my liberty.  He did so with no justification whatsoever.

It isn't the first time Gallegos has been a party to my harassment. He was there for the unlawful arrest at the Gubernatorial Debate at Eldorado High School.

He's seen here standing behind APS Executive Director of Communications Monica Armenta while she is ordering them to eject me from the building. She has no authority to order the APS police force to do anything; but that's a whole different story.

I was in the administrative digs at 6400 Uptown Blvd to drop off a check at the Employee Benefits Office. I was arrested, basically for being in the building. The public record; belt recorders, security cameras and witness testimony will substantiate the allegation.

I will ask for the public records; they will claim none exist.

Either Gallegos doesn't understand the banning letter he thinks he's enforcing, has never read it, or it wouldn't make any difference anyway.

Before he ordered me to leave the building, he asked if I had finished my business. I told him "no"; he threw me out anyway.

The APS Police Force is a publicly funded private police force functioning as a Praetorian Guard in every sense. They are accountable to no one, accredited by no one, and certificated by no one. The report directly to and only to, the leadership of the APS.

In theory, they should be accountable to Bernalillo County Sheriff Dan Houston. But judging by his apparent lack of concern over APS cops sitting and watching high schools students drinking alcohol, link, and his lack of concern over the cover up of felony criminal misconduct by APS senior administrators, Houston doesn't take his oversight role all that seriously.




Gallegos photos
ched macquigg
Houston photo
Mark Bralley

No comments: